Through events, advocacy, educational programs, and grass-roots campaigns, LCI engages local, regional, and national stakeholders, both public and private, in addressing complicated issues facing Lake Champlain. Water quality is a ubiquitous cause; all of our efforts engage multiple stakeholder groups to simultaneously connect people with our water resources, carry on the angling heritage, and build stewardship for a vital resource.
We firmly believe that people hold the key to Lake Champlain's future. To ensure the future of our lake as a premier fishery, economic engine, and recreational resource, we must all do our part to address the issues head-on.
Lake Champlain MUST BE swimmable, drinkable, and fishable if we are to maintain our quality of life and that of our children and future generations.
- At the heart of our organization lies a committment to ensuring that we are laying plans, at all levels, to ensure a positive future for Lake Champlain. We relentlessly push for responsible policy, enforcement, accountability, and behaviors that will lead swimmable, drinkable, fishable waters for all.
- Every person who lives or visits Vermont or the Champlain Valley has a vested interest in the future of the lake. Our programs are specifically designed to appeal to people with a wide variety of interests in the lake and our waters. From kids fishing clinics, to candle-lit vigils, to home certifications, to classroom presentations - no matter who you are we have a fun, educational program for you.
- Lake Info
- Knowledge is power. Learn basic facts, history trivia, simple things you can do to help, and the latest updates on pollution numbers.
- Fishing Derbies
- Our nationally-renowned fundraising fishing derbies enable us to fight for your water year-round, while connecting all anglers of all abilities with Lake Champlain. Oh, and we offer huge prizes.
- LCI Information
- Water quality is a team sport. Read about our staff and volunteers, our Board of Directors, and our Advisory Committee. You can also view our financial statement, our action plan, and our Great Nonprofits profile.